October 9, 2011

Would you look at that..


You know, most times I sit in front of my computer for a good amount of time thinking of a introduction to each post. I never know how to start...is that weird?

If I remember correctly, I last left you writing about my new job with Aramark at ODU. My hopes for a more stable work enviroment, and knowledge expanding work days were crushed. I would rather not bore you with all the details, but I knew going into this position it would be different. But I didn't think this different.

So needless to say, I am back on the job hunt. I am having a problem deciding what exactly I want to do. Go back into Hotels? A restaurant? I don't know, there is many options out there. But I don't know which to do, some thing I do know are: I want to work in the mornings.

 If that means giving breakfast a shot, so be it.

If that means becoming a prep cook, okay.

I like having my evenings back, it gives me a chance to do things with friends, and try to have a social life.

I just don't know...

ha - you know, its decisions like this that make me want to drop everything and go to a place where help is needed and this "American Dream" stuff isn't pushed in my face all the time.

 Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of money, the thought of THE house, and THE car, and THE restaurant.

But I don't want that to consume me. I have a greater purpose while here on this earth. 



 Ecclesiastes 12:13: "The last and final word is this: Fear God. Do what he tells you." (MSG)

Matthew 28:18-20: "And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them int the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (ESV)


I don't know how I went from becoming a prep cook to this...but I guess thats whats been on my heart lately..sorry if it doesn't make sense. I don't know how many time I erased and rewrote this thing.. but I am glad I stopped after those two sentences above.


so thats me right now -



No comments: