January 29, 2012

Update-


      Can't believe that it is nearly February already! Feels like just yesterday that I was ringing in the New Year by jumping on my parents bed, blaring Lady Gaga while they tried to sleep.


January has proved to be a good month though.

I was able to spend time with sister and her family.



 My adorable niece and my not-so-little-anymore nephew.

Kal-El can actually say my name now and it makes me a happy uncle. I'm not co-co anymore, and I am happy about that. Little Leia continues to grows into an adorable niece. She loves to smile and talk, so if you've got time to smile at her, she'll talk to you. I love our talks.


       Other parts of my life are well too, I suppose. While I am unhappy with my current job I am still thankful for having a job. I try to look on the brighter side of things when I think of my job, I try to remember that while my job is to cook food, I also need to show God's love to those I come in contact with.

But, I will be in talks with a possible job opportunity some time this week. If things can work out with that opportunity, it could make life a lot cooler! Some prayer would be awesome.

Here's a cool little quick update on some of the goals that I mentioned in my last post. Since that post:

 I have picked up my guitar and worked on getting back into the groove of it.
 I have reduced my soda intake (by a lot!) and I am drinking a ton more water.
 I have kinda formed on my own workout/exercise routine. I have missed a few days, but I blame the sinusy-head-cold thing I had through the week.
 Prayer and I still struggle. Strike that. Reverse it. I still struggle with prayer. I think about it and I talk about it, but I don't it.
While the private is still private, I can say that I proud at how well its going but still needs work.
Finances aren't exactly better, but getting there. (stupid student loans..)

Now for one that I want to add to the list.

I will learn to play my Bodhran.
Whats a Bodhran? This...

This is actually a picture of the one I have. Its a Celtic Drum, ever since I saw this drum being used in the Irish shows at Busch Gardens I wanted to learn. Last year, my family and I went to BG for my birthday and my parents asked if I still wanted to get one of these and after saying yes, Mom asked which one I wanted. I was floored.

I have messed around with it a little bit and have picked up a couple things about it. Youtube has some really great video lessons. But I feel ashamed that I am not to a point were I can play it well. I don't want my parents feeling like there money went to a waste.

So me and my Bodhran are going to get know each other. For real.

Other good things in my life...my church family. My friends. My friends are awesome, each and every one of them. Our church has good things on the horizon and we are working to improve ourselves as a church so that when that time comes we are fully prepared. We welcomed a new brother into our family today! Then had a great time at lunch afterward, always filled with fun and laughter. I am so thankful to call them friends.

I can't help but laugh at my self right now, because when I first started to type this post I had every intent to spend a majority of it filling it with my woes and hopeless romantic ways. Earlier this week I had said that my life was similar to a character from one of Broadways greatest shows, Les Miserables. This young women had such love or affection for one man but he share the feelings toward her. Actually he fell in love with some other chick, leaving the other on her own. In my life that story has been played out multiple times. And here I am. On my own. 

But when I started typing all of these good things in my life and the improvements that I had done or that needs to be done, I forgot about my pathetic rant on my relationship status. I am filled with happiness, with the thoughts of my family, the goals I have for my life, for the new member of the body of Christ we welcomed today.  I am so ridiculous.

So yeah. 

This is me.






No comments: