January 17, 2011

Recovery..

Wow, what a weekend for me! Sadly it wasn't very eventful, or fun most times. I was sick! It started on Thursday I think...my chest felt so congested and my throat was on fire. I am not sure exactly what I had but it was bad Friday. Friday was horrible for me, I called out of working at Terebinth that morning with possibilities of calling out from the Swan.

I spent the morning in bed and just relaxed, I felt well enough to get up and go get stuff for my chili for a cook-off we would have at church. I decide to work the night, boy was it crazy. I got there at 2pm and did as much as I could as fast as I could. I became very tired right away, and had to push myself to make it through the night.

What a crazy night we had, we had around 24 people on the books for the night, but we at the Swan know that people love to walk-in! 530pm-900pm felt like it went so slow, but so fast at the same time. Ticket after ticket kept coming in, and my head and chest kept pounding. Oh and by the way, I had no voice the entire day. I couldn't talk at all and if I did I sounded horrible.

Needless to say, come the end of service I got out of there as soon as I could. I came home and crashed..I don't think that I have ever slept in such a DEEP sleep as I did that night. I got home around 10pm and didn't wake up till around 9 or so. Feeling a little better, but still had no voice. I made my chili for the cook-off that night. It was good.

Had band practice and then went to the cook-off. Brought dad along for the fun, and it was a good time. Some good chili and some 'eh chili..but it was still fun.

Sunday was good, church was awesome. Worship really rocked this week, I love being a part of that team. And being a part of that church is awesome too, I love NBCC. I was also able to go to our college group too, I do miss going every sunday. I am excited because I have next sunday off too! :D

And today was simple. Went to class and came home and fell asleep for almost 3 hours!! Why? I don't know, I guess my body is still recouping from its crazy sicky weekend.

I think thats all for now - oh by the way. Next monday starts my FINAL term at CIV! One step closer to going to the WEST COAST and ALASKA!!!!!!! :DD

-Corey Joe

No comments: